While more than a month has passed since Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank were placed into receivership, the ripple effects can still be felt across the innovation economy. K&L Gates has organized a team of lawyers with deep experience in bank regulatory, financial services and other issues companies may need to navigate the new terrain.
On 28 April, K&L Gates hosted a practical and informative roundtable on banking issues and risk management strategies every business needs to know at this inflection point. Geared towards early stage and emerging growth companies, founders and entrepreneurs, and their funding partners, our speakers focused on:
- Lessons learned for businesses and investors.
- Implications for banking, lending and venture capital and how the regulatory response may impact bank customers.
- Deposit insurance and treatment of custodial assets in receivership.
- Sweep programs (including bank-to-bank sweeps, money market mutual fund sweeps, and repo sweeps).
- “Non-bank” relationships with a bank’s family of companies (asset management, sponsored funds, brokerage, service contracts).