The Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia (HBA-DC), the K&L Gates DC Diversity Committee, The Bar Association of the District of Columbia Civil and Human Rights Committee, and the DC Affairs Community of the DC Bar had a panel discussion featuring perspectives on pay equity and promotion equity in general, with a specific focus on intersectionality and the Latina Pay Gap.
The pay gap between Latinas and their peers continues. This year (2023), Latina Equal Pay Day took place on 5 October, marking the 10 extra months Latinas must work to make the average yearly earnings of White, non-Hispanic men, with a pay gap at approximately 50%.
- Shirley Diaz, Associate, Skadden, and President of HBA-DC Moderator
- Leila Jade Levi, Senior Counsel for Reproductive Rights and Health, National Women’s Law Center
- Craig Leen, Partner, K&L Gates, and Former OFCCP Director at the US Department of Labor
- Victoria Hamscho, Associate, K&L Gates
- DC Bar Communities
- The Association of the District of Columbia
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia