This session covers the changing environments on:
- New regulatory enforcement tools;
- New cyber expectations and requirements;
- Higher expectations of the way personal information is collected and secured, and when it needs to be destroyed;
- Potential removal of key exemptions such as the employee records exemption that your business may currently rely on; and
- The major penalty increases that seek to deter privacy breaches being viewed as 'the cost of doing business,'
as Australia tightens the protections around the collection and use of Australians' personal information.Speakers:
For Western Australian Practitioners: If you view a pre-recorded session via our HUB CLE Centre, please email your Certificate of Attendance and Practitioner ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
for the session to be added to your Legal Practice Board CPD Management System (CPDMS) record.